The Pandemic Response Accountability Committee is committed to providing access to our electronic and information technology, including PandemicOversight.gov, for individuals with disabilities in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. Section 508 requires us to ensure that individuals with disabilities seeking information or services from us have access to and use of information and data that is comparable to the access and use by individuals without disabilities, unless an undue burden would be imposed on us. To meet this commitment, PandemicOversight.gov is designed to meet or exceed the Section 508 standards.
To help users who are visually impaired more easily distinguish content, we regularly test contrast and color schemes using the Web Accessibility in Mind tool. We evaluate the site regularly using screen readers to check the accuracy and quality of the content and navigation. We use a variety of other techniques to ensure that all users can easily access the site, including methods for skipping repetitive navigation and alternate text.
In addition, we've incorporated the following throughout the site:
- Text equivalents provided for non-text elements
- Colored information made available without color
- Documents can be read without a style sheet
- Text-only versions of data appear to comply with Section 508 standards, with the exception of maps
- Forms are formatted to work with assistive technology to access the information, field elements, and functionality required to complete and submit forms
If you have a disability and any of the formats on our web pages interferes with your ability to access the information, please send us an email. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of the accessibility issue, the web address of the requested material, your preferred format (electronic format , ASCII, standard print, large print, etc.), and your contact information.