The PRAC is seeking a highly qualified individual(s) to serve as Visual Design Specialists on our Outreach and Engagement team. We're looking for graphic designers with print and digital skills to help break down complex data and provide our external stakeholders with important insights.
- Design and production of graphic concepts and content, for a variety of communication mediums including but not limited to print, video, web, etc. Content may include:
- data visualizations
- logos and branding
- report layout and design
- report visuals
- one-page informational sheets
- newsletter design
- interactive web-based reports
- PowerPoint presentations
- freehand and/or computer-generated illustrations, diagrams, graphs, and charts
- Conceive and execute strong original graphic concepts and content for use in publications, websites, social media and presentations
- Optimize static reports for presentation and/or conversion to interactive products on the website in coordination with the website’s Content Manager
- Maintain the PRAC’s style guide and ensure consistency of content across the organization
The Visual Design Specialist/Graphic Designer will provide graphic design services and products for the PRAC, reporting to the Associate Director for Outreach and Engagement.
More specifically, the Visual Design Specialist will:
- Communicate complex concepts and data in visual form for a variety of audiences, adhering to the PRAC brand and style guide
- Use a variety of computer-generated graphic and animation applications to design, create, and produce desired products
- Research subject matter to be depicted and develop visual designs and products that convey the agency’s messaging. Collaborate with internal partners to obtain the necessary information to create graphics
- Work independently and/or with subject matter experts to determine the most effective strategies for visual communications
- Independently plan and complete visual communication projects
- Coordinate with the Transparency team and across PRAC business areas to produce quality, consistent content
- Provide advice to clients on the technical advantages and disadvantages of various formats, styles, media, and methods of reproduction, etc., suggesting those that will best meet the client’s informational objectives
- Edit partial or complete products for plain language readability, clarity of expression, continuity of thought, correct use and presentation of technical information
- Ensure projects are developed with realistic outcomes, business objectives, and customer satisfaction targets
- Ability to shape and lead solutions to data visualizations in a complex and changing technological environment
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, especially PowerPoint; and Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and After Effects
- Skilled in interactive digital design using tools such as Tableau and ArcGIS
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of written and visual communication, including graphic design, animation, publication design and layout
- Demonstrated ability to design and edit a variety of visual products to provide interpretation and explanation for diverse audiences
- Knowledge of multimedia production tools and methodology, and a strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new software and hardware
- Knowledge and sufficient skill in image manipulation and 508 accessibility standards for developing effective and compliant graphics
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work and interface with customers, coworkers, and management
- Bachelor's degree preferred
For immediate consideration, please email, in a single PDF file, a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Visual Design Specialist.
More about the Position
This announcement closes on August 13, 2021.
We are looking to fill multiple vacancies with this announcement. Position is open to various levels of experience. Salaries are administratively determined based on qualifications. The job is remote and full-time.
The CARES Act created the PRAC, composed of federal Offices of Inspector General to "promote transparency and conduct and support oversight of covered funds and the Coronavirus response to (1) prevent and detect fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement; and (2) mitigate major risks that cut across program and agency boundaries." You will be part of an exciting mission with the opportunity to deliver an impact by planning, coordinating, and developing content to effectively communicate the agency’s mission to oversee more than $5 trillion in coronavirus relief spending.
The PRAC encourages creative and practical problem-solving and insightful thought leadership, fosters collaborative professional relationships, and focuses on our core lines of business (Transparency, Oversight & Accountability, and Outreach & Engagement). To recruit and retain the best candidates, provide a positive work environment, and mitigate the risk of current and future pandemic-related workplace disruptions, the PRAC is organized and managed as a distributed workforce in a virtual workplace with a small physical footprint in Washington, DC.