The Pandemic Response Accountability Committee (PRAC) is seeking an experienced Events Coordinator to join our Outreach and Engagement team. You will be part of an exciting mission with the opportunity to deliver an impact by planning, coordinating, and executing events to effectively communicate the agency’s mission to oversee more than $5 trillion in coronavirus relief spending. We're looking for an individual with experience organizing and managing in-person and virtual conferences, seminars, webinars, or meetings, with the requisite skills in interpersonal communications, time management, and logistics.
The incumbent serves as events coordinator, reporting to the Associate Director for Outreach and Engagement, and responsible for planning and executing virtual and in-person events with large numbers of attendees.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with the Associate Director in identifying prospective event topics, outside speakers, and attendees.
- Planning and organizing major special events such as roundtables, webinars, conferences, ceremonies, and listening forums.
- Coordinating and liaising with VIP outside event speakers or their representatives.
- Manage event invitation and registration.
- Conducting walk-through speaker practice sessions for virtual events.
- Coordinating logistics with AV concierge or event hosts to ensure events are delivered in a professional and efficient manner with the focus on attendee experience.
- Coordinating with the PRAC public affairs and multimedia specialists to promote awareness of events and content online, with partners, and the public.
- Providing live event support and coordination for in-person and virtual events.
- Serves as PRAC’s expert in event protocol, coordinating with PRAC staff, member OIGs, and other stakeholders.
- Organizing archives of event material.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related area preferred.
- Event management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, especially PowerPoint.
- Experience with Teams, Zoom or comparable video conferencing programs.
- Knowledge of multimedia production tools and methodology, and a strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new software and hardware.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work and interface with customers, coworkers, and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Creativity in developing programs that engage a variety of audiences using different formats, content, and platforms.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Works well in a team, and in a high-energy environment.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, you must email your resume and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications to email@example.com with subject line: Events Coordinator by 5 pm (eastern time) on December 31, 2021.
More About the Position:
Pandemic Response Accountability Committee, Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency
On March 27, 2020, the President signed into law the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, creating the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee (PRAC) composed of Federal Offices of Inspector General to promote transparency and conduct and support oversight of covered funds and the Coronavirus response to (1) prevent and detect fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement; and (2) mitigate major risks that cut across program and agency boundaries. The PRAC is a committee of the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE).
This position is open to all sources, and various levels of experience will be considered. Salary is administratively determined based on qualifications. The job is remote and full-time.
Salary (depending on level of position): $60,129 to $113,362 per year