The Pandemic Response Accountability Committee is seeking a highly qualified professional to serve as Contract Specialist/Officer. PRAC has reimbursable and non-reimbursable detail authority for existing federal employees. Additionally, the PRAC may directly hire appointees. Further, new appointees acquire competitive status by meeting statutory time-in-service requirements. For this position, the administratively determined salary range for appointees is: $122,530 to $159,286. This position can be carried out in a remote work environment.
The Contract Specialist/Officer serves as a senior procurement professional and works directly with the PRAC Executive Director, Associate Directors, Chiefs, and CIGIE procurement and other staff.
The Contract Specialist/Officer serves as a contracting officer responsible for PRAC procurement activities such as the development of solicitation, negotiation, award, administration, close-out, and termination of contracts that support PRAC programs.
Typical work assignments may include:
- Provides procurement coordination, assistance, and guidance in the development of complex procurement requirements and translates these needs into comprehensive solicitation packages.
- Reviews incoming Requests for Contracts to determine the proper method of acquisition.
- Serves as a consultant of the procurement process at high-level meetings and conferences.
- Performs procurement planning; develops procurement objectives in terms of competition and price range; constructs the contractual vehicle including the use of pricing arrangements, subcontracting policy, set-aside policies, and similar considerations; and coordinating contractual actions involving multiple complex, multi-million dollar contracts and related schedules.
- Maintains complete authority for all contractual actions and phases; using automated systems to research sources; collecting data on contractors’ past performance and documenting contractors’ performance on current contracts; and preparing solicitation instructions and directing the efforts of technical, cost, and business management evaluation teams.
- Serves as Contracting Officer with signatory authority for significant systems or programs. The programs require a diverse type of contract support, distinguished by all contract types.
- Conducts negotiations and meetings with contractors on sensitive and/or controversial issues as an authoritative contractual representative. Responsible for the negotiation of contracts of an unprecedented nature or those which have a major influence on key PRAC programs.
- Participates in and/or lead briefings to senior leadership on complex and/or mission-critical acquisitions.
Federal Acquisition Certificate (FAC-C) Level III and Contracting Officer Warrant (CO) required.
For immediate consideration, please email, in a single PDF file, a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Contract Specialist/Officer.
More about the Position
This announcement closes on October 1, 2021.
The PRAC is responsible for overseeing a historic level of disaster funding. The PRAC is a world-class, leading-edge transparency, oversight and accountability team of professionals with diverse technical skills and deep program knowledge, who are supported by a positive work environment and challenged by a learning culture, who believe in promoting the highest levels of good government and public trust, and who are committed to leaving an enduring mark on transparency and oversight of federal emergency pandemic spending.
To recruit the best candidates, provide a positive work environment, and mitigate the risk of current and future pandemic-related workplace disruptions, we designed the organization to be a distributed workforce in a virtual workplace.